[kde-linux] Run command at KDE session start

Rick Wagmer rjw27 at adelphia.net
Tue Jan 31 03:57:11 UTC 2006

On Monday 30 January 2006 19:59, Pollywog wrote:
> On 01/31/2006 12:20 am, Rick Wagmer wrote:

> > > create directory ~/.kde/env and put a file in there including this
> > > command. Only necessity is to have an .sh extension, nothing else (will
> > > be sourced by startkde)
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Kevin
> >
> > Is there a common place to put this, so it happens for all users?  How
> > about with X start up, in case someone runs something other than KDE
> > (don't know why, but it could happen!)?
>
> I use /etc/kde3/kdm/Xsession so it works for all users.
>

> 8)

Thanks for the pointer.  After looking at the file (/etc/kde/kdm/Xsession on
Fedora-4), I saw it referenced /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc-common, which in turn
loaded /etc/X11/Xmodmap (again, these are the paths used by Fedora).

By putting my mappings there, they show up for all users, and presumably, all
desktops.  I checked it by logging on to a test account, using Gnome, and my
key mappings showed up there too.

Thanks again for the pointer.

--rick