[kde-linux] Kppp and two ISP accounts.

Dale dalek at exceedtech.net
Mon Jan 23 12:39:02 UTC 2006

Vytautas Povilaitis wrote:

>Is it possible to reset your modem? There should be little hole in back of modem. You could try to reset modem with little piece of wire or something like that what fits into that hole. Turn of the device (power, and all cables) and just push it deep till you hear the click. Hold it for a few moments and when re-plug everything. Next time you try to connect you'll be presened with page, where you should be able to enter new username and password. This trick has had saved me several times.

There is nothing to reset on this one.  At least nothing I can find
anyway.  I'm going to hook up another modem in a little bit and see if
it will work any better.

Thanks

Dale
:-)

--
To err is human, I'm most certainly human.

I have four rigs:

1:  Home built; Abit NF7 ver 2.0 w/ AMD 2500+ CPU, 1GB of ram and right now two 80GB hard drives.  Named Smoker
2:  Home built; Iwill KK266-R w/ AMD 1GHz CPU, 256MBs of ram and a 4GB drive.  Named Swifty
3:  Home built; Gigabyte GA-71XE4 w/ 800MHz CPU, 224MBs of ram and a 2.5GB drive.  Named Pokey
4:  Compaq Proliant 6000 Server w/ Quad 200MHz CPUs, 128MBs of ram and a 4.3GB SCSI drive.  Named Putput

All run Gentoo Linux, all run folding. #1 is my desktop, 2, 3, and 4 are set up as servers.