[kde-linux] Kppp and two ISP accounts.

dalek at exceedtech.net dalek at exceedtech.net
Fri Jan 20 05:01:53 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to my brothers ISP and test a email problem out a bit
more.  I logged out of my user dale and logged in as test with a empty home
directory, a clean start in other words.  I opened Kppp and set up a new
account called Bell South, got the modem set up and all that stuff.  When I
tell it to connect, it dials the right number but sends the wrong login and
password.  It sends the login/password for my exceedtech.net account instead
of my brothers bellsouth account.  I even went back and typed in the login
and password again in Kppp.  It still sends the wrong one.

Is it possible to have more than one account with Kppp?

Just to make sure I was not nuts or something.  I set up a account with
pppconfig as bellsouth with the correct info.  It does the same thing as
Kppp.  It sends the login/password for exceedtech instead of the bellsouth
info.  I also tried this with wvdial, same thing, calls bellsouth number but
sends exceedtech.net login/password.

What do I need to change to make this work?  Anybody ever run into this
before?  I tried this in both KDE 3.4 and 3.5, same thing.  I use Gentoo if it
matters.

Dale
 :-)