[kde-linux] kde kills background jobs on exit

Rod Butcher rbutcher at hyenainternet.com
Thu Jan 19 10:10:14 UTC 2006

I find that if I use a KDE session to start a longrunning background job
(e.g. BOINC setiathome, not using X) and it's not running in a terminal,
just sending all its output to a file, when I close the KDE session it
kills the background job as well. The job doesn't use X and as long as
the user remains logged on via a virtual console, I would think it
should continue running - its only the X session I've logged out of, not
the user logoin. Gnome doesn't kill this kind of background job when I
close it. Is this a bug or a problem with my KDE configuration ?
thanks
Rod