[kde-linux] Syntax for an SMB volume?

Paul Kaplan pkaplan1 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 14 11:11:24 UTC 2006

At work there is a network directory that uses an apostrophe (') in it's name
(which I'll call the ' directory). " When I smbmount the parent directory and
then try to enter the ' directory, konqueror complains that the ' directory
doesn't exist.
However if I enter smb://user@domain\\server\directory\' directory\ (or even
omit the subdir), I can get into the ' directory.  Unfortunately, double
clicking on files within it returns "directory doesn't exist"  Also if I'm in
the subdirectory of the ' directory and attempt to use the navigation buttons
to go back up to the ' directory, the entry bar replaces the ' with "%3F" (no
quotes) and says it can't find the ' directory.
It appears that smb (or konqueror) isn't recognizing ' in a directory name
even though win2k AD does recognize the character.  How can I get around this
problem?
TIA
Paul