[kde-linux] Red letter days

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Wed Jan 11 18:23:44 UTC 2006

After having accidently lost my libqt-mt-dev to Debian Sid's dependency
foibles, I built my own qt3. Trying to compile another program (the -dev is
provided in the build without any ado once one can get the libraries placed
sensibly), ./configure demanded a (re-)install of kdelibs. I did that.

No real working problems except some letters, usually captials at the
beginning of a word and a space before the first letter in areas of
status-bars are with red backgrounds. ???

It's not the qt libs because I went back to the old ones and still seeing red.
So .. what's happenin' here?