[kde-linux] kmail send problem

Ernie Schroder schroder at ntplx.net
Tue Jan 10 13:38:55 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 06:21, a tiny voice compelled Paul Kaplan to write:
> On Tuesday 10 January 2006 05:54, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Tuesday 10 Jan 2006 10:45, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> > > Wait...the Linux Gods just came down the chimney and took Santa's
> > > milk and cookies!  Instead of deleting and re-creating my sending
> > > accout info from the kmail Settings menu, I did it from within a
> > > message.  Now sending mail is working...for the moment.  I'm
> > > certainly stumped on this one... P
> >
> > Paul - what do you mean by "I did it from within a message".  I ask
> > because a user on another list as asking about the same thing.
> >
> > Anne
>
> The other user may have been me since I've been saturating lists with the
> question.  In any case, open a message window and under Settings is a
> "Configure Kontact" menu.  It opens the same dialog box as from Settings in
> the main window, but all I can report is what I did and what happened...I
> still make no claims about cause and effect...in the vernacular of our
> president...this was a faith based initiative ;-)
> Paul

I believe that should read "configure Kmail" but you get the idea....
I have no idea what leftover file from 3.4 may have been the problem, but I
had no problem with kmail 1.9 until I removed KDE versions 3.1- 3.4. I can
understand how setting up a fresh kmail as root would force kmail to read
from /usr/kde/3.5 rather than ~/kde/3.5, but how that affects configured
users, doesn't make sense to me. At any rate, I'm glad you got it working,
and I'm glad I could help point you in the right direction.
--
Regards, Ernie