[kde-linux] Service menu like "Copy To >"?

Jeff Dooley jfd5xte at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 22:42:10 UTC 2006

On 1/7/06, Timothee Groleau <tg at timotheegroleau.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I wasn't clear unfortunately, I already have the
> entries "Copy To >" and "Move To >" so I have no problem there. What I want
> is to create my own new entry in the menu that works like them (selecting
> both source and destination basically), but lets me call my own command
> instead of cp and mv.
>
> I was hoping I could build a service menu for it, but I'm not sure service
> menus can manage the selection of the destination directory.

I offer these links just in case someone more qualified than I am
doesn't have the time to get back to you. Hopefully you can find what
you need, but I'm no pro and probably can't explain much further.

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/dot/servicemenus.html

http://hacks.oreilly.com/pub/h/3156