[kde-linux] KDirWatch????

Ernie Schroder schroder at ntplx.net
Thu Jan 5 14:50:59 UTC 2006

I've found this message with several apps when I close then with a CONTROL+C
in konsole.

ernie at MRK ~ $ kate
QObject::disconnect: Unexpected null parameter
QFile::open: No file name specified
kio (KDirWatch): WARNING: KDirWatch::removeDir can't handle
'/etc/samba/smb.conf'
kio (KDirWatch): WARNING: KDirWatch::removeDir can't handle
'/etc/security/fileshare.conf'

Another nagging problem I'm seeing is with kwrite and possibly some other
apps. In konsole $ kwrite works as does:
$ su -
<password>
# kwrite

But:
sudo kwrite does not. It complains like so:
sudo kwrite <somefile>
sudo: kwrite: command not found
Problems started after removing old versions of KDE (3.1-3.4) from my machine.

--
Regards, Ernie