[kde-linux] Enabling root login

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Tue Jan 3 13:58:15 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 08:10, kde-linux-request at kde.org wrote:
> > It always worked before :-)
>

> > How do I enable it once more? There is no option in the kcmshell config
> > applet.
>
> I simply edit kdmrc.

Yeah, I knew that. I had one /etc/kde3 which was for the old one, set true.
There was one in the $KDEDIR/share/config/kdm -- was set false. changed that.
Now the root login that I had hidden for obvious reasons showed as a
"sashroot" and once I logged that in, I could not get rid of it so
quickly--finally managed. Hid the sashroot, tried again setting to kde
session. This finally worked normaly.

Of course, this is dangerous and I very rarely use it. Sometimes using the
konqueror file manager is needed as root, used with care, of course.