[kde-linux] kde & cdrom ripping

John O'Callaghan john at 4ocallaghans.net
Mon Jan 2 23:21:19 UTC 2006

On Monday 02 January 2006 13:06, Art Fore wrote:
> <rant>
> I have given up on anything in KDE that has to do with cdrom. I cannot
> get any of it to work. Sound juicer works an order of magnitude easier
> than any of the KDE items  like especially amarok, kscd,
> kaudiocdcreator, etc.
>
> Hopefully in the future KDE will get its act together and fix the
> multimedia packages where they work.
> </rant>
>
> Art

I know that DVD playback, CD burning, mounting CDs, etc. can be annoying in
Linux and have gone through gyrations on this myself off and on. However, in
all cases where I've had trouble it is totally a problem with the distro
install and has never had anything to do with the desktop management package
being used. Currently I am enjoying the full functionality of my DVD/CD-RW
unit on a Kubuntu install running KDE 3.4.  However, I can well imagine there
is little comfort in hearing that others are successful where you have had
troubles. All I can offer is that it can take some research time to figure
out what fix works for your particular situation.

Good Luck.

--
John O'Callaghan

Life is too short to: