[kde-linux] edit PDF-file

John Layt john at layt.net
Mon Jan 2 19:56:01 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 00:06, Stefan Fuhrmann wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I want to know, how I can edit a PDF file under linux. I use kubuntu.
> I can not find information about an open-source solution for editing PDF's.
> Specially PDF-formular.
> Is there a way to do it?
>
> tia
>
> stefan

KWord has the ability to import PDF's.  It uses XPdf for a backend so most features should import OK, but KWord may not display them quite right.  You then save and work on it as a native Open Document format, then export back to PDF when you're finished using the KDE print-to-pdf feature.  If you don't like using KWord as an editor, you can use OOo instead on the saved Open Document and its export to PDF.

John.