[kde-linux] OpenGL Fullscreen/Window Move causing KDE to shutdown

christophe christophe.dr at free.fr
Sun Jan 1 10:16:36 UTC 2006

Le Dimanche 1 Janvier 2006 00:33, Steve Damm a écrit :
> I am running Mandriva 2006 on an Acer Aspire 3000 laptop. The video card
> in question is an SiS M760GX, 64MB.  The system installed fine with no
> issue's.  The desktop I always use is KDE 3.4 I believe is what Mandriva
> came with.
>
> If I run an openGL app in KDE (a windowed mode openGL app) it seemingly
> works fine; I can use the app, the graphics work fine.  However, if I
> try to move the window or switch to fullscreen mode KDE terminates
> smoothly and I'm back at the KDM login screen.  This problem includes
> apps as simple as glxgears to some more heavy games.  I was surprised
> when glxgears did the same thing, at first I thought this was an SDL
> issue but glxgears doesn't use SDL.  So that leads me to my next test.
>
> I tried failsafe mode and ran the same apps, they all work 100% fine.
> Not a single problem for any of them, I can move em, fullscreen, they
> run fine...
>
> So I dismissed SDL as the culprit, it cannot be OpenGL since I got it
> working just fine in failsafe.  I do believe KDE is a more likely
> canditate which is why I'm posting here.
>
> Any advice?
> Any logs I should post?
> Any sort of information needed?
>
> Thanks,
> Halsafar

Xorg version shipped with mandriva 2006 is an unstable cvs version of xorg
6.9 ? You need to download and install a newer and more stable one. If you
can wait a few days, it should be available within the next few days.
Otherwise, you can follow advices given here :
http://forum.mandrivaclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=40905

--
christophe