[kde-linux] Konqueror doesn't display Google Map

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Feb 24 10:55:34 UTC 2006

On Friday 24 February 2006 11:40, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> On 24/02/06, John Layt <john at layt.net> wrote:
> > On Thursday 23 February 2006 23:25, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> > > This site has a google map animation :
> > > http://asterisco.paradigma.pt/mapa.html
> > >
> > > and in its source:
> > > <script
> > > src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=1&key=ABQIAAAAxnr0jZQkm5Cut
> > >gxMe -ccLBSt4iMRusoFv1BE8swkoRRyXqr9nxTYzzg1MFM4dNK_8HyQQ1FfpzdD6g"
> > > type="text/javascript"></script>
> > >
> > > and Konqueror is not displaying anything. Do I need any kind of plugin?
> >
> > What version of Konqueror are you using?  Google maps are only supported
> > by v3.5 or higher.  If using v3.5, you may need to use the User Agent
> > tool to pretend you are a Safari browser to convince Google to work.
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes it works now... But why set it as Safari?
> Shouldn't Firefox also work?  I can see the site with firefox correctly...

Google is very likely delivering different data to different browsers, which
is unfortunately also the cause you have to change the identification at all.

Hopefully Google will add Konqueror to their check list sometimes, or make the
check for Safari rather check for the KHTML version

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>