[kde-linux] kprinter

twurgl at goodyear.com twurgl at goodyear.com
Tue Feb 21 19:43:20 UTC 2006

Thanks for the reply, but I don't really understand this.  I have KDE running already.  I want to be able to print a file with a gui
control of the printer....setting duplex for example.
So on the command line I typed:   kprinter file.ps

Where'd I put kdeinit where it will get executed at the beginning of the session?
Thanks for the help!

tom

The information contained herein is GOODYEAR PROPRIETARY information and includes GOODYEAR CONFIDENTIAL information. Reproduction of
this
document, disclosure of the information, and use for any purpose other than to conduct business with Goodyear is expressly prohibited.

             Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>

             02/21/2006 11:49 AM                                                                                                   To
                                                               kde-linux at kde.org
                                                                                                                                   cc
                         Please respond to
                For people using KDE on Linux with                                                                            Subject
                    related questions/problems                 Re: [kde-linux] kprinter
                        <kde-linux at kde.org>

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 00:32, Tom Wurgler wrote:
> I am attempting to use kprinter on the command line to print, for example a
> postscript file.  I get the following boat load of messages.  What is all
> this and is there a way to get rid of it?  Is this not a command-line
> thing? At the end of all this, I get the gui and it does print my file.

This is the kdeinit startup sequence, which initializes the basic KDE
infrastructure.
You can start kdeinit at the begin of your session and kprinter should then be
able to use those resources instead.

Cheers,
Kevin

--