[kde-linux] KDE Menu Edit does not launch

Bill billtwo at thinklogical.com
Tue Feb 21 19:35:44 UTC 2006

I'm just upgraded from 3.3 to 3.5 (RedHat Enterprise 4), and I can't get kmenuedit to run from
the KMenu button.

I right-click on the icon, select Menu Edit, and nothing happens.

I have added a Menu Edit button to the taskbar, and it will start the editor. I can
also run /usr/bin/kmenuedit from the command line.

It is as if the the 'Menu Edit' tag does not have a link to /usr/bin/kmenuedit.

Does anyone know how to get the Editor to run?

Everything else works, just the right-click menu selection for Menu Edit.

Thanks for any insight.

Bill