[kde-linux] kde-linux Digest, Vol 35, Issue 21

Mark Ness msn1inc at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 23:15:06 UTC 2006

Edit of my previous post for content...
 I don't remember if I "initially" did "check-update" or just "update", but I
 did specify kde* so it was yum check-update kde* or it was
 yum update kde* then exited to do the deps. then DID the update KDE*

 The update did go smoothly after I installed the missing deps, and they
 were all available from the stock FC3 repos except for the1 (dag?).

Mark Ness <msn1inc at yahoo.com> wrote:I recently updated my FC3 KDE-3.4 to KDE-3.5.1 by installing the
 kde-redhat-stable.repo and the kde-redhat-stable-all.repo. I used yumex,
 and with ONLY the kde-redhat repos enabled I did yum check-update and
 found missing deps. I disabled the kde repos enabled the stock fedora repos (and I think dag) and installed the deps. I disabled the stock repos and went
 back to kde-redhat repos and did the  update with yum update kde*.
 groupupdate should work but I had problems with it so the wildcard worked
 great.
 I later had panel and kmenu problems when I went back and updated some
 kde-redhat python pkgs and a menu pkg, but someone on this list gave me
 the fix. I'm happy with 3.5.1.