[kde-linux] Kontact suddenly crashes with signal 11

Sergio Belkin sekinmor at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Feb 17 12:53:29 UTC 2006

Hi,
This morning suddenly, Kontact crashes at starting...
this is the error message:

"QGArray::at: Absolute index 0 out of range
*** KMail got signal 11 (Crashing)
KCrash: Application 'kontact' crashing...
ERROR: Communication problem with kontact, it probably
crashed."

Well, I check:

*Space in partition
*Lock files
*removing folders indexes
*moving kmailrc
*moving ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail

and nothing worked.

If I open kontact in other session user, open well.
The only way that I got to open with no chrashing was
moving kmailrc and ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail at the same
time. But, of course that is not the ideal choice, I
would had to remake all the configuration :(

Has somebody any hint/idea in order to solve this
problem?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Sergio Belkin -Mandriva Authorized Solutions Provider
011 4788 8605 // Cel. 15 5494 5143 http://www.escritorioya.com.ar
Soluciones informáticas Open Source
Blog personal: http://sebelk.blogspot.com