[kde-linux] Man pages in Konqueror

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 08:06:36 UTC 2006

I like to read man pages in konqueror - it's much easier on the eyes than a
terminal.  I've just tried it, though and got
<quote>
No man page matching to fdisk found.  You can extend the search path by
setting the environment variable MANPATH before starting KDE
</quote>
I thought that the way to do that was to
export MANPATH /usr/share/doc/man
but that says that /usr/share/doc/man is not a valid identifier.

I know that the man pages reside in many subdirectories, but I can't see how
to make them available to konquereor.  Can someone please advise?