[kde-linux] Where does kmail store data ?

Rod Butcher rbutcher at hyenainternet.com
Tue Feb 7 11:05:47 UTC 2006

Christophe de Rivière wrote:
> Le Lundi 6 Février 2006 13:15, Rod Butcher a écrit :
>
>>Can somebody tell me where kmail stores its mail and configuration data
>>? I can't find any menu options for customising this, do they exist ?
>>thanks
>>Rod
>

> /home/user/.kde/share/apps/kmail/
> /home/user/.kde/share/config/kmailrc
> /home/user/.kde/share/config/kmail.eventsrc
Thanks Kevin, Andrew, Christophe for responding. The configuration file
I need is ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc .
I still can't find any way to modify these defaults from within kmail
itself. Personally, I like to be able to configure an app from within
that app itself, I don't like global / external configuration. But I
seem to be going against the trend.
thanks
Rod