[kde-linux] Plastik default on 4.0

rimpix rimpix at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 21:19:05 UTC 2006

Felipe Fidelix wrote:
> Come on! lets find s0me better Themes for KDE!
> Search a little more on KDE-LOOk and we will find some better themes!
> and the DEFAULT is already good!
> thanx!

..This is not directly what this is about. If there were sufficiently
good themes out there (on the public theme indexes) now, it'd been
recognized already.

The theme schene per.se. isn't as mediocre as the HORRIBLE themes made
for StyleXP (Windows XP) but there isn't anything acceptable enough to
represent KDE in a _better_ way than Plastik already does.

-You have to be picky as hell for this kind of thing; and it's more a
sum of _all_ aspects (usability/looks/logics/etc.) that does it, and not
just "how cool(tm)" this or that skin is..

-If we'd gone by the standard you're proposing, it'd drag Linux on the
desktop into an even more unserious position (publically)..