[kde-linux] configure of kdebase fails

Pollywog linux-kde at shadypond.com
Wed Feb 1 17:44:42 UTC 2006

On 02/01/2006 05:10 pm, Tobias wrote:
> Im trying to build kde 3.5.1 using konstruct.
>
> configure fails :
>
> checking for Qt... libraries /opt/qt/lib, headers /opt/qt/include using -mt
> checking for moc... /opt/qt/bin/moc
> checking for uic... /opt/qt/bin/uic
> checking whether uic supports -L ... yes
> checking whether uic supports -nounload ... yes
> checking if Qt needs -ljpeg... no
> checking for rpath... yes
> checking for KDE... libraries /opt/kde35/lib, headers /opt/kde35/include
> checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... no
> configure: error:
> you need to install kdelibs first.

Did you include the path to the kdelibs in the "configure" command?

Also, are you using Debian?  If you are using Debian, do your kdelibs sources
have the Debian build scripts in debian/ in the toplevel directory?  If they
do, you could try building the package the Debian way.

I have found that Debian puts the QT libs in several different locations and
this makes it difficult for some configure scripts to find them.  In those
cases, building the package the Debian way seems to get around the problem.

8)