[kde-linux] kppp and cron

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Dec 12 12:03:20 UTC 2006

On Monday 11 December 2006 23:30, Marc Rosenthal wrote:
> Thanks Kevin, but point is I'm not executing this script from within an X
> session but rather from root's cron.

Yes, I understood that, but the xhost command needs to be executed in the X
session it should modify. The other commands don't matter.

> In fact, I don't even care if X is running but obviously kppp does and
> hence that seems to be my problem.

I agree with Andrew: you should be looking into a non-GUI solution.
Additionally to the ones Andrew listed, have a look at wvdial.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring