[kde-linux] prefix in Kubuntu

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Aug 19 06:21:16 UTC 2006

Andrew Walbran wrote:
> On Saturday 19 August 2006 9:59 am, Jim Philips wrote:
>> Thanks for the tip. I didn't know about that. But it didn't get me any
>> further.
>>
>> checking for KDE... configure: error:
>> in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
>> So, check this please and use another prefix!
>> rebus at rebus-desktop:~/Desktop/basket-0.6.0Beta2.1$ kde-config --prefix
>> /usr
>>
>> I'm thinking I need to install another package. But I have no idea which
>> one.
> Try installing kdelibs-dev and kdebase-dev.
> $ sudo aptitude install kdelibs-dev kdebase-dev

The problem is that packages with the name "kdelibs-dev" doesn't seem to
exist.  Debian does list: "kdelibs4-dev".

I think that you might have some luck with the Debian package search:

http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

If you search on: "Source package names".  If you do this, you will get
a list of all the Debian packages based on that source package.  Try
searching on:

	kdelibs
	kdebase

and look for the "*-dev" packages.