[kde-linux] kde dual-head support sucks!!!

Tue Aug 15 14:05:24 UTC 2006

> > I'm using a dual-head system (no Xinerama) and kde support for this
> > configuration really sucks! it has so many problems that makes no
> > sense to post them all in one message.
>
> I recommend switching to Xinerama, as it's got better support.

The problem with Xinerama is that it doesn't allow me to configure
different dpi for each display device, the monitors are too different
(21" CRT and 19" widescreen LCD); if I use the same dpi I get good
font size in one very tiny (or huge) fonts in the other .

Also, if I move to another virtual desktop in Xinerama, both displays
change (behaviour that I don't like).

Regards,

--
Toshiro.