[kde-linux] Mechanism that mounts USB flashdrives

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Aug 12 21:14:14 UTC 2006

Bogus Zaba wrote:
<SNIP>
> However I still get glitches (eg devices mounted with an owner who is
>  not me and root not being able to change owner!) which make me want
> to understand how the various system components are interacting and
> where it is best to try and address problems.

This problem I might be able to help with.  To be able to switch users
for a mountable device you must have the: "fstab" parameter: "users"
(note the 's') set.  If you have: "user", the account that mounts a
device owns it till that account unmounts it.  If your device is listed
in: "/etc/fstab" just add that after "defaults" (NOT before).  If not, I
don't know if there is any way to set it.

> Anybody know where the FAQs, Howtos etc are to be found?

I have searched Google and found none that are any good.

--
JRT