[kde-linux] Why does apt-get fail

Charlie Bradley 22tango at kitcarson.net
Sat Aug 12 17:07:24 UTC 2006

This may not be the right list so forgive me.
I use Kubuntu and everytime try to run apt-get update it fails to connect to
the repositories.  So I have to go to KDE>sytstem settings>network settings
and go into administrator mode.  Then to the domain name sytem tab and edit
the dns server names.  I always find two addresses here.  The ip address of
the modem and one DNS address.  In order for apt-get to work I have add the
second DNS address and remove the IP addy.

Why is it that <network settings> grabs the IP addy instead of the second DNS
addy??
I have a feeling it has something to do with the actiontec modem setup.
Charlie
--
Many people wouldn't know a good operating system if itbit them on the...
OW! HEY! who let that penguin in here!?