[kde-linux] konsole - window title

Steve Evans stevee at gorbag.com
Tue Aug 8 15:14:17 UTC 2006

On Monday 07 August 2006 23:06, David J Iannucci wrote:
> > I find that the title can be reset after running the following line in
> > the konsole:
> >
> > $ echo -ne '\033]0;AAAAAAA\007'
>
> That's really cool!  But it doesn't change the tab title.  Do you know
> one that will change the tab?

The KDE way to set the konsole window and tab title from the command line is:

dcop $KONSOLE_DCOP_SESSION renameSession 'AAAAA'

of course this *won't* work in anything other than konsole.

Steve
Steve Evans            E-mail: mailto:stevee at gorbag.com
                       WEB:    http://www.gorbag.com
Registered Linux user #217906: http://counter.li.org
Public Encryption Key:         http://www.gorbag.com/public-key.html

The labyrinth of Ephebe is ancient and full of one hundred and one amazing
things you can do with hidden springs, razor-sharp knives, and falling
rocks.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)