[kde-linux] KDE <packages|documentation>

Felix Karpfen felixk at webone.com.au
Wed Apr 26 21:35:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 23:41:01 +0200, Bram Schoenmakers wrote
(<200604242341.07693.bramschoenmakers at kde.nl>):

> KTimemon is in the kdeaddons module. And if there are no docs about the other
> applets, it probably does not exist.

Thank you for the advice.

That solves one problem.

If no documentation exists for "Runaway Process Catcher", I would be
interested to hear from subscribers to this group, who have used this
routine successfully.

In my experience, at all "CPU load threshold" settings that I have tried,
the applet ultimately identifies normal processes as "consuming large
amounts of CPU resources" and gives the option to shut them down.  These
notifications include (at my settings) the "Runaway Process Applet.

I am anxious to distinguish between processes that are running normally -
even if they consume large amounts of available resources - and processes
that have spun out of control.

Other <desktops | XWindows managers> offer a "kill" applet for such
emergencies.  Does KDE have something comparable?

Felix Karpfen
--
Felix Karpfen