[kde-linux] kmail - how to edit error messages?

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Sat Apr 22 12:37:54 UTC 2006

I am helping a friend who is not at all computer literate, to use
kmail. They are mostly finding it ok, although a little confusing
after having used another OS.

However, being on a very small income, they still use dial up for
connection to the internet. A significant confusion has arisen about:

Send Now
Send Later, and
Send queued messages.

Particularly - if 'Send Now' is used, when the user is not on line
(that is dialled up and already connected), the error message does not
mention anything about the possibility of being on line or internet
connection. I would like to edit the relevant error message to include
a few extra words.

Any pointers to this or other solution (still using kmail) would be
appreciated.

tia
--
alanc