[kde-linux] Bookmark import problem

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Fri Apr 21 14:31:57 UTC 2006

Op vrijdag 21 april 2006 16:07, schreef Anne Wilson:
> I wanted to import my firefox bookmarks into a recent install of FC4.  In
> searching for the import tool I apparently have imported them into
> 'minitools', whatever that is.  They do not appear in the bookmark
> side-bar, and even hovering over 'minitools' opens up a full screen-worth
> of links.
>
> I have now imported the bookmarks correctly, but how can I backtrack - get
> rid of the minitools setting?

Could you try to move ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/minitools.xml to
~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/bookmarks.xml and see if it helps (for safety,
backup your old bookmarks.xml)?

> BTW - what *is* 'minitools'?

That was an interesting question, I didn't know what they were either. Now I
found out. Minitools is the Konqueror implementation for so-called
bookmarklets.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bookmarklet for more info (and examples).

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers
KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)

What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
  (Punch, 1855)