[kde-linux] KDE 3.5.2: Problem with the mediamanager

Alain-Serge Nagni alainsergenagni at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 22:31:04 UTC 2006

                    Hello,
  I build KDE 3.5.2 and I have a problem with the media manager module. When I click on the Storage Media icon, I have this error message: “The KDE mediamanager is not running”.

 I looked in my  /.xsession-error file and I have these two warnings:

 kded: WARNING: [ KDEDMOdule* Kded::loadModule(const KService*, bool) ] Could not load library. [ libdbus-1.so.1: connot open shared object file: No such file or directory ]
 kded: WARNING: [ KDEDMOdule* Kded::loadModule(const KService*, bool) ] Could not load library. [ library files for "libkdeb_mediamanager.la" not found in paths. ]

 It's really strange since I have dbus 0.61 and Hall 0.54 installed and they the work fine. I can manually mount and unmount the devices.

 I built three times kdebase (trying different configuration) but it doesn't change anything. Do I miss something?

 Thanks for your help,
 Alain-Serge