[kde-linux] Krecord- stop recording automatically after a time period?

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Mon Apr 17 14:48:12 UTC 2006

Op maandag 17 april 2006 14:58, schreef alan c:

Hi,

> I use Krecord and find it to be a useful and convenient app.
> However, I wonder if there is a way either directly or maybe
> indirectly, of ceasing automatically  a recording after a given time?
>
> Comments appreciated.

I couldn't find anything better than this. Execute this while krec is running:

sleep 30m ; dcop krec-<pid> MainApplication-Interface quit

where <pid> is the process id of KRec.

A wish report at http://bugs.kde.org wouldn't hurt, actually.

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers
KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)

What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
  (Punch, 1855)