[kde-linux] Konqueror - file listing mode

enine enine at ninefamily.com
Fri Apr 14 17:55:29 UTC 2006

 -------- Original Message --------

I've reported the grey'ed out bug.  If you close and reopen then it becomes active and you can uncleck or check it.  Yours staying as was left it either because it is checked or there are some .directory files which are overriding it.
If that setting is unchecked and you make a chage to the view then it won't get saved and you will go back to the old view the next time.
You can also view hidden files and edit the tags in there to do what you want as I've found that only the changes you make get saved.  So if you change one folder to deatiled view then navigate to another folder which is in icon view and changes the icon size and have saved detailed view in the previous folder then go to the orevious folder the detailed view setting will apply but the icon size won't since there was no tag saved in the .direcotry file for it.  This behavior seems to have worked better in previous versions but I have gotten used to the change and just made a few of my own .directory files and drop them in where I want those changed to be made all the time.