[kde-linux] Counting words in Kate

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Wed Apr 12 16:10:13 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 10:04, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> For some reason this is not working. I add the script but then as soon
> as I leave preferences the script disappears. I'm in 3.5.2.
>
> I only fill the title and script. Do I need anything else?
> At least KDE doesn't complain but then deletes the script. :-|

Hi Paulo,

Same thing happened to me. I experimented and got it working.

The command line name was not needed but
I copied "konsole" in the Executable field (because that was what appeared for
the "Run Script" tool ) It also worked with "kmail" or "kfmclient" but not
with "konso"

Perhaps someone could explain the function of this field.

As a side remark, this "wc -w" is not so great. I appears to simply add one to
the number of separators groups (space(s), tab(s), new line(s) ) between the
printing characters. This way "doesn't" is only one word and "- - - - - -" is
six!...   and all the quoted lines in the mail will add the inevitable

Greetings		Perry

- -
Don't caricature anything pertaining to religion! The belivers will do that so
much better than you can.