[kde-linux] saving mms:// streams

mobtek at netspace.net.au mobtek at netspace.net.au
Wed Apr 12 10:24:20 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 18:43, Donatas G. wrote:
> What are the convenient ways with KDE to download and save wav streams?
>
> Eg., this one:
>
> http://www.tv.lt/playasx.asp?id=82A3D505-88DB-480E-B7DA-0EC4029D3BFC
>
> (it is hiding a mms://xxx/xxx.wav source, but I cannot detect it now - I
> am at work with Windows)

There is a app called mmsclient for recording mms streams
http://www.geocities.com/majormms/
The link above had this mms url in it
mms://videoserver.tilde.lt/Disk30/LNKzinios/lnkzinios.wmv

So to record this
mmsclient mms://videoserver.tilde.lt/Disk30/LNKzinios/lnkzinios.wmv
will record it for you :)

cheers Peter vdm