[kde-linux] Sharing Kmail

jim phelps jimtrish at worldnet.att.net
Sat Apr 8 15:49:39 UTC 2006

List,

I am currently running KDE under RH9.

Is there anyway I can arrange to have two users share the
same Kmail? That is, I want to have two users share the
same Kmail 'Mail' directory and files.

The two users belong to the same Group 'users'.

The simple method of having one users 'Mail' directory
be a link to the other users 'Mail' directory dosnt work
as only the 'owner' of the mail directories and files has 'read'
access. (this used to work under RH6).

I cant just set the permissions to 660 as the permissions are
reset to 600 when new mail is downloaded.

Currently, one user has to login to the others account in order
to access the mail, but this is kinda of a hassel.

Thanks for any help,
Regards,
JimP