[kde-linux] Problem Allocating Color Cells

Mark T Swick mswick at csc.com
Thu Apr 6 19:05:39 UTC 2006

I have a legacy application which must run in 8-bit pseudocolor mode.  The
primary reason is the need for overlay planes being used to handle a very
large number of independent polygons over a complex background.  It needs
24 cells (3 colors, 3 planes).  Xalloccolorcells() always fails in kde (OK
with failsafe or CDE desktops).  Is there a way I can limit KDE's colormap
usage to allow this application to run? or do I have to look for another
WM?  Thanks in advance....

Mark Swick