[kde-linux] Kate's autoindent doesn't indent :-(

Daniel danstemporaryaccount at yahoo.ca
Thu Apr 6 15:20:53 UTC 2006

It appears to only happen with *some* HTML files, but on a newly created one,
typing the following:

	<head>

returns me to the beginning of the next line, not a full tabstop in as it
should.  I've gone into the settings and set:

  Editor > Indentation > Indentation Mode: Normal
  Editor > Indentation > Keep indent profile
  Editor > Indentation > Keys To Use > Tab key indents
  Editor > Indentation > Tab Key Mode if Nothing Selected > Indent characters

This is essentially a default install (Gentoo) so I'm not sure where I've gone
wrong.  Additionally, running KWrite produces the *correct* effect, but I
want to use Kate 'cause... well, it's better ;-)

Help?

--
A rich man came to Jesus one day and asked what he should do to get into
heaven.  Jesus did not say he should invest, spend, and let the benefits