[kde-linux] KAT on SuSE Linux 9.3?

Gerhard den Hollander gdenhollander at fugro-jason.com
Thu Sep 29 14:59:06 UTC 2005

* Jim Philips <briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net> (Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 08:55:24AM -0400)

>> I installed KAT from the packages provided by Novell. When I tried to run
>> it, the assistant told me that I need a kernel with Inotify. Anybody here
>> that knows how to get Inotify (likly a SuSE rpm) installed here on my SuSE
>> 9.3 system? I don't want to recompile my kernel so is there another option?
>
> I can't tell you how ridiculously easy it was to answer this using Google:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dashboard-hackers/2005-July/msg00028.html

Please note that KAT still seriously breaks when you happen to try to index
files on an FNS disk (as where all ,y home folders are )

And KAT cannot handle more then about 2G worth of data
(it barfs on my mail folders, even if I copy it to a local disk).

Note , this was tested with kat-0.6.3 (and a bunch of older versions as
well. The older versions all had the same problem)

Currently listening to: Pearl Jam - The New World (with Tim Robbin

	Gerhard,  <faliquid at xs4all.nl>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O  You can pork a pig if you don't mind the squeals
 =`\<,  or violate a vixen, to see how it feels