[kde-linux] KDE prefix ?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Sep 26 17:58:27 UTC 2005

On Monday 26 September 2005 19:51, Bogus Zaba wrote:
> I am a lazy kind of bloke and tend ot install most of my software from
> RPMs where somebody has done a lot of work on my behalf.
>
> Every now and then I want to install something that is only available as
> sources and then I read the readmes, helpmes and set off bravely. I
> often find however (most recently with kopete and arson) that the first
> step (./configure) works through a whole of of checks which I seem to
> pass OK and then reports :
>
> "
> checking for KDE... configure: error:
> in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
> So, check this please and use another prefix!

The configure script is usually able to detect the headers in the standard
places, so I think it is more likely you do not have them install.

Look for an package called kde-devel or kdelibs-devel or similar (the -devel
indicates it is a developer package, needed only when compiling stuff)

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>