[kde-linux] KDE prefix ?

Bogus Zaba bogzab at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 17:51:47 UTC 2005

I am a lazy kind of bloke and tend ot install most of my software from
RPMs where somebody has done a lot of work on my behalf.

Every now and then I want to install something that is only available as
sources and then I read the readmes, helpmes and set off bravely. I
often find however (most recently with kopete and arson) that the first
step (./configure) works through a whole of of checks which I seem to
pass OK and then reports :

"
checking for KDE... configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!
"

Needless to say I am not aware of having chosen any prefix so am unsure
of how to fix it. I am assuming that it refers to an environment
variable which has to be set to a path, but am not sure what the
variable is and what it should be set to for my setup (SUSE 9.2,
upgraded to KDE 3.4.2).

Anybody help?

Bogus