[kde-linux] system sounds: how to make them less loud?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Sep 10 16:54:09 UTC 2005

On Saturday 10 Sep 2005 17:31, Christophe Gaubert wrote:
> Donatas G. a écrit :
> > how do I make system bell sounds less loud, but play music loud from
> > my mp3 collection at the same time? I suspect it should be somewhere
> > in kmix settings, but there are so many of them it scares me :)
>
> You can adjust the volume of system notifications in the kde control
> center. It's in the section LookNFeel/System notifications. There is a
> button at the bottom which must be something like "player configuration"
> ("configuration du lecteur" in french)

Playing your mp3s, though, are controlled by kmix, as you thought, although
some applications like xmms have a volume control built in.  The best
thing to do with kmix is to start something playing and just experiment
with the sliders.  You won't do any harm.  IIRC there is a reset to
defaults option if you really get stuck, but I can't see that you'd need
it.