[kde-linux] cover-sheet not wanted while printing

maxmadmax at web.de maxmadmax at web.de
Sat Sep 10 07:05:56 UTC 2005

For people using KDE on Linux with related questions/problems <kde-linux at kde.org> schrieb am 10.09.05 02:58:14:

> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 maxmadmax at web.de wrote:
>

> > SuSE 9.3
> > Cups
> > Lexmark E330
> >
> > Printing Emails from KMail or printing from any other KDE-application I
> > always receive a coversheet. In Lexmark-printer-utilities I unchecked
> > the Option of coversheet, but without success.
> >
> > Staroffice does not send covers.
> >
> > How can I cancel cover-sheets?
>
> Under SuSE 9.3, there appears to be, in some instances, multiple places
> where you need to make changes.  Using YaST, you need to check your
> printer configuration under Hardware to see that banners have been

lex ist not configured with a ppd-File. No options to edit. (local system V printer,  Two other printers (oki and hp) are installed via yast and here things can be handled. The lex is using its own install routine and adds only a link?

> disabled.
>
> You also need to check the Print Manager to see that banners have been
> disabled.

In kde-printer - kontroll-center the same, but Lexmark installs its own Printer utility, where banners can be switched on/off. They are all off.
I have no idea whre to look else.