[kde-linux] cant compile any programs

Dave Nebinger dnebinger at joat.com
Thu Sep 8 14:26:51 UTC 2005

Okay, Stefan, it is clearer now...

Those undefined reference things means that the libaudio.so.0 was linked
against another lib that probably provides those functions but is missing
from the libtool command.

I'd also be worried about the warning on the conflict between libaudio.so.2
and libaudio.so.0; not sure why you would be getting such a message...

Anyways, all of the undefined references, the ones that are blocking your
builds from completing successfully, refer to the SdpMessage class.

This page,
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=26044&vote=bad&tan=80947899,
seems to indicate that others have similar problems, but no obvious solution
was provided.

According to everything I've found on google for SdpMessage, this appears to
be a class connected with VOIP tools; is this something that you previously
installed?  I've seen references to KCall and kdeblackhole, none of which
I'm using so I cannot verify the references.

At this point if I had to guess I would bet that you're probably trying to
compile a newer kde application against an older qt/kde base.  What versions
of qt & kde are installed?

According to the boson home page, it would appear that they have tested on
qt 3.1 & kdelibs 3.1; if you're running a newer version of either, are you
sure it's even supported?

Sorry, I'm sure you were looking for an answer like "all you need to do is
this", but without further details I'm not sure I can be of any more help...