[kde-linux] cant compile any programs

Stefan Fuhrmann stefan at fuhrmann.homedns.org
Thu Sep 8 11:04:06 UTC 2005

> What Dave originally asked was that you post the lines immediately above
> the make[3] error. Even translated, these lines are of little use - all
> they tell us is that the compiler couldn't continue and so it abandoned its
> task.

ahhh, I see...
and here it is:

In file included from newGameDialogImpl.cpp:1:
newGameDialogImpl.h:34: error: parse error before `{' token
newGameDialogImpl.h:45: error: destructors must be member functions
newGameDialogImpl.h:45: error: virtual outside class declaration
newGameDialogImpl.h:47: error: parse error before `private'
newGameDialogImpl.h:49: error: `Ksirk::m_nbPlayers' declared as reference but
   not initialized
newGameDialogImpl.h:50: error: syntax error before `&' token
newGameDialogImpl.h:51: error: `Ksirk::m_networkGame' declared as reference
but
   not initialized
newGameDialogImpl.h:58: error: parse error before `public'
newGameDialogImpl.h:60: error: virtual outside class declaration
newGameDialogImpl.h:61: error: virtual outside class declaration
newGameDialogImpl.h:65: error: parse error before `}' token
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:22: error: invalid use of undefined type `class
   Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl'
newGameDialogImpl.h:33: error: forward declaration of `class
   Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl'
newGameDialogImpl.cpp: In constructor `
   Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl::NewGameDialogImpl(bool&, unsigned int&, unsigned
   int, QString&, bool&, QWidget*, const char*)':
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:23: error: class `Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl' does not
have
   any field named `NewGameDialog'
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:23: error: class `Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl' does not
have
   any field named `m_ok'
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:23: error: class `Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl' does not
have
   any field named `m_nbPlayers'
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:24: error: class `Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl' does not
have
   any field named `m_skin'
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:24: error: class `Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl' does not
have
   any field named `m_networkGame'
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:26: error: `playersNumberEntry' undeclared (first use
   this function)
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:26: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
   once for each function it appears in.)
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:29: error: `buttonOk' undeclared (first use this
   function)
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:30: error: `buttonCancel' undeclared (first use this
   function)
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:31: error: `buttonHelp' undeclared (first use this
   function)
newGameDialogImpl.cpp: At global scope:
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:35: error: invalid use of undefined type `class
   Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl'
newGameDialogImpl.h:33: error: forward declaration of `class
   Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl'
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:39: error: invalid use of undefined type `class
   Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl'
newGameDialogImpl.h:33: error: forward declaration of `class
   Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl'
newGameDialogImpl.cpp: In member function `void
   Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl::slotOK()':
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:42: error: `m_skin' undeclared (first use this function)
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:42: error: `skinCombo' undeclared (first use this
   function)
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:43: error: `networkGameCheckBox' undeclared (first use
   this function)
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:44: error: `m_ok' undeclared (first use this function)
/usr/include/unistd.h:305: error: too few arguments to function `int
close(int)
   '
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:45: error: at this point in file
newGameDialogImpl.cpp: At global scope:
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:49: error: invalid use of undefined type `class
   Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl'
newGameDialogImpl.h:33: error: forward declaration of `class
   Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl'
/usr/include/unistd.h: In member function `void
   Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl::slotCancel()':
/usr/include/unistd.h:305: error: too few arguments to function `int
close(int)
   '
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:52: error: at this point in file
newGameDialogImpl.cpp: At global scope:
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:57: error: invalid use of undefined type `class
   Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl'
newGameDialogImpl.h:33: error: forward declaration of `class
   Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl'
newGameDialogImpl.cpp:63: error: invalid use of undefined type `class
   Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl'
newGameDialogImpl.h:33: error: forward declaration of `class
   Ksirk::NewGameDialogImpl'
make[3]: *** [newGameDialogImpl.lo] Fehler 1
make[3]: Verlasse Verzeichnis
»/home/stef/.local/share/Trash/files/ksirk/ksirk/Dialogs«
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[2]: Verlasse Verzeichnis
»/home/stef/.local/share/Trash/files/ksirk/ksirk«
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1

And can someone tell me now what is going wrong?

tia
Stefan