[kde-linux] cant compile any programs

Dave Nebinger dnebinger at joat.com
Wed Sep 7 20:54:21 UTC 2005

> Doesn' t matter which programs I try to install i get make errors.
> The programs are klamav, kxmame, ksirk.
> ./configure runs well with no errors but when I do make it is all the
> same:
> ex:
> make[3]: *** [newGameDialogImpl.lo] Fehler 1
> make[3]: Verlasse Verzeichnis >/home/stef/ksirk/ksirk/ksirk/Dialogs<
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
> make[2]: Verlasse Verzeichnis >/home/stef/ksirk/ksirk/ksirk<
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
> make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis >/home/stef/ksirk/ksirk<
> make: *** [all] Fehler 2
> root at ubuntu:~/ksirk/ksirk#

Sorry, Stefan, I can't read the language your system is running in but I can
say that without a few lines of info above the make[3] error it is
impossible to say.

For example, could be the result of gcc failing, in which it would return a
result code that make interprets as a failure and dumps the lines above.

Or it could be a link error in that you're missing some critical library
(don't know about kubuntu, but some binary distributions leave out the
development libraries because most folks don't need them), in which case the
link would fail and make interprets that as a failure and dumps the lines
above.

Or it could be some fatal error in the build chain which returns an error
that causes make to dump the lines above...

Basically there's many possible reasons why it ends like that but the lines
above will typically point to the true cause of the error.

Post from the last successful compile/link command on down...