[kde-linux] Is KDED Mount Watcher needed?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Sep 7 07:59:36 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 00:07, Jonathan Chen (jonachen) wrote:
> Hi I am trying to find more info on the above service.   Unfortunately,
> I was unable to find more info on the service.

I think it watches the moutpoints listed in the /etc/fstab file to see if
their mounting state changes so KDE can update assoicated icons.

> So by turning this service off, would it effect me somehow even my home
> account is mounted via NFS?

No. Your home directory is already mounted when KDE starts up and will still
be mounted when KDE shuts down and it will not change to unmounted during
your session.

Cheers,
Kevin

--