[kde-linux] Simultaneous sessions

Merton Campbell Crockett mcc at CATO.GD-AIS.COM
Sat Sep 3 12:46:02 UTC 2005

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005, Paul Smith wrote:

> > > In the K menu, you have something like "start a new session" (I'm
> > > french, so I don't know what is the exact english sentence, the icon is
> > > a rocket). Then you can type Ctrl-Alt-F8 to find the new session and
> > > Ctrl-Alt-F7 to return to the first one.
> >
> > one should mention that this feature came in with kde 3.4 (akaik),
> > older kde versions don't have it.
>
> Thanks, Werner. I am running KDE 3.4, but I do not find any "start a
> new session" menu entry. Is it necessary to install something else?

In the SuSE distribution, "Switch User" is at the bottom of the K menu
below thr "Run Command" and above "Lock Session".  It has a submenu that
is divided into two parts.  The upper part offers two actions:  "Lock
Current and Start a New Session" and "Start New Session".  The lower part
allows you to switch between active sessions.

The "Switch User" action is, also, available from the "pop-up" menu that
is activated by a right-click while the cursor is over the display
background.

Merton Campbell Crockett

--
BEGIN:				vcard