[kde-linux] Make keyboard/Mouse extremely responsive

Jonathan Chen (jonachen) jonachen at cisco.com
Fri Sep 2 16:49:13 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I am wondering if there is a way to tweak KDE to be extremely responsive
to your interactive actions over the network.   I use FreeNX over 300ms
latency network and by having keyboard/mouse sent in a smaller packet or
SOMETHING might help "perceive" its more responsive before the default
KDE settings.

Currently I'm using KDE 3.1.3 on RHEL3 and would upgrading KDE resolve
my issue?

For Keyboard, when I hold a key down for 10 seconds, the display shows
burst of 5 characters at a time.

For Mouse, when I drag a folder all the way to the right, the folder
goes to the right about a 2 second later.   Clicking on menus that drop
down gets about 2 seconds response and then seen on my display window.

Any ideas to improve?